The support we have thus far involves free space underneath the stone building of the rectory overlooking the Mississippi River as well as material gifts in kind from parishioners who wish to live out this vision by contributing time, expertise or tools.
Some of the ideas we have been considering in this project as The Bicycle, a vehicle for Social and Spiritual Change. The Wheel and the Spiral
Liturgy of the Wheel- we did a Blessing for the journey last June. Blessing of the Bicycles
Sojourning- June (part of MMBike Month)Blessing of the Bikes at Church of the Ascension and ride out to St. Paul’s Almonte and then perhaps to St. James Anglican – Perth
Cycle sustenance in the following forms:
- Fixed Location and Equipment currently at the rectory of St. Paul’s Anglican Church
- Inventory: Currently we have a physical space, a bike stand, donation of tools, and parts
- Support to be safe – learning how this can be achieved
- Winter cycling
- Learning, teaching, sharing routine bike maintenance
- Affordable bike refurbishment
- Ride to the Stars – an event we hold every year to teach safe Night Cycling and an appreciation of the Night Sky
The bicycle journey does not just take '20' minutes to the destination. It may require overnight respite: Come all ye who are weary and looking for ... a bathroom... ... stay over night ... fix a tire or a cable or a loose headset or a bent pedal ... get out of an unexpected extreme weather scenario The respite, the Invitation to rest and take in with ALL senses the beauty of your surroundings. This is the frame of reference when standing over the bike frame and breathing it in.